A Day at the Academy
Want to know what we’re up to at the Bristol Bay River & Guide Academy? Here is what a typical day looks like. But be forewarned… it’s a lot of FUN!
- 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. BREAKFAST
- 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. Preparing for a Day in the Field
- What’s in your pack/on your list?
- How to Dress
- 11:00 – Noon Fly Tying / Get Gear Together
- 11:30 – 12:30 p.m. LUNCH
- 12:30 p.m. Trivia Time (win a prize!)
- 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. Outdoor + Wilderness Safety (Guest presentation)
- 2:30 – 5:30 On the River – Fishing
- Field Safety Scenarios
- Fly Presentation
- Practice guiding
- River Etiquette & Caring for Your Catch
- 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. DINNER
- 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Conservation Connections
- Southwest AK Rainbow Management Plan
- Land Ownership
- River Conservation Activity
- 9:00 – 10:00 p.m. Fly Tying/Free Time
- 10:30 p.m. Lights Out
We pack the days really full, but have lots of time for tying, learning from guests from the community, safety conversations, learning about the surrounding waters, and of course… FISHING!
Join us at Kulik Lodge in 2015. You can apply by clicking here.